Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pants-less Sam

So, I hadn't posted a picture in a while, so here is my newest favorite. It was stolen from Nicole's camera, so I hope she doesn't mind the thievery.



So, I gave Lauren a night off last night and made her go to the Dodger game. A sacrifice on many levels considering my love for the Boys in Blue, it was fleece blanket night and Andre Ethier had a walk-off home run...another one. But, Lauren deserved it and I was happy to spend time with my boy.

However, he only had 15 minutes of naptime all day and I was prepared to play with him for a little while, feed him and put him to bed. He had different plans. I guess I'm a lot of fun to play with, because he kept going until 9pm like a champ. I then sat down with my dinner and watched the end of the game until it got to the bottom of the ninth...we are losing by a run. I text Lauren and she says we will win...her little psychic thing. Ethier gets a double and Matt Kemp comes up with two outs. I know he will get a hit (because Lauren says so), but Sam decides to wake up screaming. So I hit pause and attend to him.

He proceeds to scream for about 15 minutes without any ability on my part to console him...and I tried everything. So, I thought he might be dirty so I took his pants off. He immediately stops screaming and falls asleep. So, he slept great the rest of the night without any pants. I quietly told him that his future teachers will not accept this type of attire when kindergarten comes around.

So, I then unpaused the game and watched Matt Kemp get a basehit to tie the game. Ninety minutes later, at the command of my lovely wife, Andre Ethier hits a two-run homer in the bottom of the 13th inning to seal the deal.

It's good to see most men cannot stand up to her. I don't feel so bad.

No comments: